Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Walk for Weight Loss 


I decided by 1st of Feb that I was going to set out on a weight loss journey.
Iam going to take serious look at myself and work on making my mind, soul and body healthy. 

I knew I need to change my perspective on my daily routine, diet or even exercise. 

First I started searching the internet for blogs on weight lose and I learnt that I must start to do exercise in order for me to lose weight permanently. There are various type of exercise like running, hiking, walking, cycling, aerobic dance, and finally I decided to start with walking. 

Reason being, walking is most easier exercise that I can do anytime after office hour as long as I have bring a pair of shoes. 

I started walking at moderate pace for at least 45- 60 minutes everyday I found walking really easy and natural, and I don't have that kind of pressure that Iam in weight loss program. 
In some days I even can walk up to 90 minutes. I have no struggle or difficulty to keep walking in my daily routine and in fact I really enjoy walking, especially walking in the park, I can find a lot of companion who share the common objective with me. 

I usually walk in a park somewhere near my house areas. Along the way, I love to look around the people and observed the people over there. Most of the walking / jogging are constitute of working adults and retired person, and for teenager they mostly enjoying playing football and basketball somewhere near the park. Got another group of working adults enjoying family time with their kids by playing at play ground. 

During the peak hour, there are almost 30-45 of people jogging in the park, and the crowd become lesser and lesser around 7.30pm. I prefer go after 7.30pm, as this would be the most peaceful and enjoyable moment for me. :) 

Within 10 days of walking routine everyday, I have lighter of 1 pound while maintain the normAL diet. It is a very good beginning for me, and I am really encouraged by taking the right approach to start my weight loss journey, and I'm convinced that I could keep on the walking habit until I meet my desire result. 

Well, this sound a little too fast to see the result, but it really give me a light of hope and little of confident growing in my heart. 

I would like share a little perspective from my experience.

When I shared this with my friends that I managed shed off 1 pound by walking daily within 10 days, and their face's reaction do not really impressed with the result.  But, I've managed to shed off 22 pound by continuing walking in seven months.  

The most important is to take ACTION.  What you need to do is only take one step in a time, and believe that every journey starts with one small step. 

You will see the fabulous result : A SLIMMER, MORE ENERGETIC IN YOU. 



No comments:

Post a Comment