Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Bukit Jambul Hiking Journey

After loss for 2 kgs in 1st month, I've decided to take up hiking as alternate way to loss weight. Hiking not only help me to burn more calories than I'm going for simple walk, but I can enjoy the beauty of natural setting where I'm hike. 

Near my house has a small hill called Bukit Jambul hill, its about 5 minutes from my house, and is situated just opposite INTI College in Pennag, and near the Equatorial Hotel. 
I've incorporated hiking to Bukit Jambul hill in my daily exercise routine. I'll hike at least 2-3 times per week. The hill is not long, with normal speed, I will able reach the top within 20-30 mins to reach the top.

As time goes by, I've built up my stamina in hiking up to the top. I can reach the top within 15 mins, and it no longer enough for me, because I do not feel any stretch anymore. 
So, I will use another trail go down to the mid of the staircase and hike again to the top. With this I normally spend 15 mins go to the top, and 10 mins go down, and another 10 mins go up again. After reaching the top, I will spend 10-15 mins to do stretching to complete the hiking session. 

Throughout the hiking journey, my stamina in walking and hiking has increased, and Iam able to do long hike for more than 60 minutes. While hiking, I really enjoy the natural view along the way. Various kind of flower, tree, leaves, mushroom, ant, chameleon, scorpion or even snake become my companion. :)
Up to now, my weight has been reduced to 63.5kg from 74kg within 4 months period. When I look back, the weight loss journey never be an easy, but is not as hard as I thought. Life is not waiting for the storms to pass..it's learning to dance in the rain. The only disability in life is a bad attitude." - Scott Hamilton 





No comments:

Post a Comment